I had great fun ‘researching’ songs for this post but it’s been more challenging than I anticipated. One of the biggest has been finding songs that are completely happy- most love songs have a bittersweet sort of ‘I’ll wait forever if I have to’ feel to them whilst others are more dancey than lovey dovey. With that said, here is my resulting list:
- I actually think this is such a beautiful song and Beyonce just kills it (in a very good way) with her vocal acrobatics. This performance in particular is so passionate; Beyonce actually looks like she’s going to cry in the chorus. Queen B!
Beyonce – Halo
Hit me like a ray of sun
Burning through my darkest night
You’re the only one that I want
Think I’m addicted to your light
I swore I’d never fall again
But this don’t even feel like falling
- In my opinion, Taylor Swift is the queen of cutesy love songs. Say what you want about her volatile love life, it has certainly led to some great songs. I’ve chosen ‘Enchanted’ here but there are half a dozen I could have picked including ‘I’d Lie’ and ‘Today Was A Fairytale’. Enchanted builds up so well. The soft guitar strumming turns into a full blown crescendo of guitar, drums and violins that sort of makes me want to spread my arms out and go all Titanic by the end.
Taylor Swift – Enchanted
This night is sparkling, don’t you let it go
I’m wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I’ll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you
(Okay I know this has the whole ‘I’ll wait forever’-ness to it but I like it too much to kick it out of the list)
- When I was much younger, my family were huge Shania Twain fans. We used to listen to her album on pretty much every road trip so this song reminds me of all those times and as a love song, it’s pretty neat. You might want to ignore the first 30 seconds- I find it pretty cringey but it definitely picks up afterwards.
Shania Twain – You’re Still The One
They said, “I bet they’ll never make it”
But just look at us holding on
We’re still together still going strong
(You’re still the one)
You’re still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You’re still the one I want for life
- Next I have a song from One Direction. Before you start rolling your eyes, I say stop and just have a listen. Close your eyes and forget it’s these teeny boppers singing and then judge. Or keep your eyes open and drool over buffting Zayn Malik (another potential Perv Post candidate). Your choice.
One Direction – Little Things
I know you’ve never loved
The sound of your voice on tape
You never want
To know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you’re perfect to me
I won’t let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it’s true
It’s you they add up to
I’m in love with you
And all these little things
- This one is a complete cheesefest but it’s special to me. Don’t laugh! You know you’ve got it bad when these kind of songs start sounding good!
Nicole Scherzinger – Baby Love
And I don’t ever wanna be with no one else
You’re the only one that ever made me melt
You’re special, boy it’s your, your style
We so in love
- There’s are so many kinds of love and this particular song is an ode to BROMANCEEEE! Nigahiga is a genius- he’s not the most subscribed person on YouTube for nothing! This song is so catchy; the lyrics are hilarious and the video cracks me up.
Nigahiga and Chester See- Bromance
It’s like Eminem and Dr. Dre
If I loved you more I might be gay
And when I’m feeling down
You know just what to say
You my homie, yeah you know me
And if you ever need a wingman
I’d let any girl blow me off
Cause you’re more important than the rest
I confess, I’m a mess
If I’m not hanging with my BFF
- Call me a fresh pot but I love me a good Indian love song. I’m a complete saddo- I like to collect songs at the weddings I attend and the one I’m about to share with you is a wedding staple. You’d think that might make it overused or that I’d be tired of hearing it by now but I’d gladly listen to it another 100 times. Suraj Hua Madham was also a close contender but I felt like the video was a bit too steamy to share.
Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai from the film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Tu Hi Toh Jannat Meri
(You are my paradise)
Tu Hi Mera Junoon
(You’re my obsession (in a non stalker way))
Tu Hi Toh Mannat Meri
(You’re all my wishes put together)
Tu Hi Rooh Ka Sukoon
(You ease my spirit)
- I’d like to end with a song for sexy time. Now I appear to have a capacity for erm naughty songs but I understand this might not be everyone’s cup of tea (or you pretend it’s not) hence I’ve chosen an understated song. If you don’t think this is understated, you ain’t heard nothing yet.
Mike Posner- Bow Chicka Wow Wow
You’ve been playin’ hard to get with me all night
We both know exactly what you want right
Don’t tell me what you won’t do
Tell me whatchu gon’ do, whatchu gon’ do
Once I throw on this bow chicka wow wow
Whatchu gonna say
You act like you gon’ leave
But I know that you gon’ stay
And there you have it! Over and Out!
P.S To the person who tried searching for this blog via ‘gay people who wear onesies’, “Threemagical” is much shorter to type and it’s the first result. Just sayin’.