So I made a list of things I wanted to do over Summer and I thought it might be a good idea to check if I actually did any of them. I know it’s October but better late than never. Here goes:
- Buy clothes for my internship (so that I look good while I succeed! )
I had a very successful shopping trip with my dad. I managed to buy five shirts/blouses for under £60 so I was well chuffed! Shame I didn’t give two hoots about what I was wearing about a week into the internship.
- Visit all my friends who I haven’t seen in a while
I visited a few close friends but nowhere near everyone I hoped to see. GUILTY!
- Buy clothes for my cousin’s wedding
Ah ha ha the last minute panic that was my Paris trip. I really liked the green asian style maxi dress I bought- made me feel a million dollars!
- Be nice to my cousin who doesn’t like me when she comes to visit
This went surprisingly well actually. I think we both made a conscious effort to be warmer towards each other even though we don’t see eye to eye. I’m pleased we parted on good terms.
- Think seriously about fourth year modules and start collecting past papers/ problem sheet solutions
I dedicated quite a lot of time thinking about my final year and how I needed to boost my marks. I find it amusing that the modules I decided to do this term are exactly what I originally planned to do before all the scrutiny and over analysis of past papers. Sometimes it really is best not to overthink. I’m very happy with my choices.
- Bake lasagna for my parents again
Shockingly I got around to doing this. It was a real pain getting my parents out the kitchen but I succeeded in baking something edible. It was good but there is definitely room for improvement (more white sauce!)
- Start writing down Mum’s recipes (step one of wife training)
This didn’t happen… I’m clearly putting off wife training. I should just start apologising to my husband now. If he exists.
- Organise a holiday somewhere in Europe for September
I must have spent hours looking at potential destinations but did I go anywhere? NOPE. In part, I blame my parents because they were so reluctant. My mum’s preference is always to go to Pakistan to see family but that means never getting a chance to actually explore the country. My dad’s preference is to minimise spending and if he had it his way we’d be in a tiny self catering hostel and seeing lots of places but not actually ‘doing’ anything. Either way, not the holiday I was looking for.
- Start reading A Game of Thrones
Alas this didn’t happen either. HOWEVER I did manage to read quite a few books during my jury service because there was so much waiting around. I just love reading sessions- I really miss it during term time. Technically speaking I could read a few pages everyday but I find that very unsatisfying. I prefer to totally immerse myself into a new world not just dip in and out of it.
- Spend a day baking
I had a lovely day baking fairy cakes with my beautiful cousin Mele. They came out so soft and fluffy! I also whipped the cream by hand which required some serious elbow grease but it came out well. We decorated the cakes with flakes and sprinkles and gosh they were scrummy!
- Go to Thorpe Park
Hmmm I went to Alton Towers instead which was a real trek so I think it should count. NEXTTT
- Watch: Hangover 3, The King’s Speech, Season 7 and 8 of House, the last series of Doctor Who…and all the other stuff saved on our Sky Box
This was my proudest achievement. I watched it all! I’ve officially seen every episode of House. Totally cried when it ended.
- Sort out all the papers and folders scattered across my room
I dedicated an entire day sifting through the crap in my room. I don’t know how I amass so much paper. By the end I had a pile up to my knees that went straight into recycling. Now there’s more room for me to collect new crap. Huzzah!
- Back up my files and wipe my laptop(asaurus) because it’s so damn slow!
I actually wiped my laptop TWICE but I still haven’t bothered to copy my files over. Turns out all I really need is the internet!
- Do some reading for my fourth year project- maybe even form an outline of how I want to structure it
I was quite annoyed that I couldn’t do much for my project over the Summer but I wasn’t the only one so I don’t feel so bad. I have a truckload to do for it now though. Le sigh.
- Finish furnishing my Neohome
Neopets took a back seat this Summer. Am I growing up? NOOOOOOOO. (I still play the stock market. I will never give it up.)
- Finish decorating the Disney Princesses wall in my room (I’m a grown up, honest)
I did the colouring….but I still need to cut them out and stick them on my wall. It was surprisingly therapeutic just sitting there deciding which shade of pink was right for Aurora’s dress. #lifedecisions
- Lose a few pounds or worse comes to worst, don’t put ON any more weight!
I didn’t lose weight. On the plus side, I didn’t really gain anything either. In my books, that’s a win!
- KEEP BLOGGING!
I think I did just enough though I got super busy during my internship…
Overall I think I did quite well. Did most of the important things on the list!
Over and Out!