This cracked me up…because it’s so damn true!
Over and Out!
I’d like to share some good news with you guys; I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Joe at Confessions of a Technophile and George from [insertnamehere], both of which are awesome blogs (check them out!). Thank you for nominating me *runs around in circles*. It made me feel very happy and warm inside!
Similar to the Liebster award there are a few steps to this:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Put the Versatile blogger badge on your blog.
- Spread the love and nominate 15 other people.
- Post 7 facts about yourself
Righty I’m going to start with the 7 facts. These really are random.
- I have had crushes on animated characters including Yu-Gi (the Pharoah not the kid) and Flynn Rider from Tangled. I think there’s something about the hair…
- When I was a toddler I point blank refused to drink my milk unless it was in a big bottle and filled right to the top. Quite a madam at even a young age…
- I would like to be buried with my glasses on.
- I dance in empty elevators every opportunity I get.
- One week in secondary school there were cameramen filming some shots for a promo video to be shown on open evenings. I was filmed cooking an omelette but when I flipped it I got nervous and it broke (and I looked horrifed). Yeah they put that shot in the video. I’d say several thousand parents have laughed at my cooking incompetency since.
- I absolutely despise red varnish. It makes me think of hookers.
- One of my uncles once lifted me from my forearms and I dislocated my elbow. My dad told me put some ice on it. We only went to the hospital 2 hours later.
And my nominees are:
Emmajeanss: Insightful, interesting posts with a health dose of humour. Deffo ones for the girls!
Khinjarsi: a fellow university go-er and Neopet-er! She talks about uni, diets, jobs, friends and life. Sounds versatile to me!
Mitten’s Kittens: a blog about writing, jobs, and books with lots of thought provoking articles in between!
The Thought Buffet: random, brutally honest and amusing!
BULLSHiT: posts from several people on an array of topics. Really fun read!
The scribbling train: the scribbles and thoughts of an English Lit student on things from books to make-up!
The Gratitudenist: an almost eclectic mix of posts but that’s what keeps this blog fresh!
We Can Always Dance Tomorrow: a blog about music, being a woman and life!
I’d also like to make a special mention to Omnia and Ibtehaal because they both have awesome blogs too but they seem to be on hiatus 😦
I know this isn’t 15 but I’d rather nominate blogs that I can actually really really like than add some that I don’t know very well. I’ll post on all of your about pages tomorrow.
For now I must sleep!
Over and Out!
I am loving where men’s tennis is at right now. It is fiercely competitive what with Clay King Nadal, Federer the Gentlemen and Djokovic the Djoker (bad joke but still funny) all in the game right now. It’s rare for so much talent to be in the sport at the same time and these guys have raised the bar so high in a matter of a few years.
More so than just raising the profile of tennis, I find it refreshing that Djokovic has injected much needed humour into the sport. Tennis players are traditionally thought of as rather competitive serious folk on the court. Take Nadal for example- he looks like he’s grimacing the whole time (not to say that he isn’t light hearted off the court). Federer has so much grace and elegance but he’s no comic. Djokovic meanwhile has become rather well known for his impersonations and you know what?- he’s hilarious (and also rather handsome *cough* *cough* but that’s besides the point).
This video of him imitating Maria Sharapova (probably the most vocal female tennis player ever) alongside Dimitrov (who happens to be Sharapova’s boyfriend) properly cracked me up!
Apologies for the bad picture quality. I couldn’t find a better one 😦
As for Wimbledon 2013, I have no idea what’s been going on. It has been hella weird this year what with Nadal, Federer and Tsonga all going out in the early rounds and people complaining about the ‘slippy’ grass. Either way I hope Djokovic (and Murray) go far!
Oh and here’s a video of Djokovic dancing. He’s *almost* as good as I am.
Over and Out!