I thought I was done with my project; in fact I took great joy in destroying anything mildly related to it after I got my results. But then quite out of the blue, my supervisor suggested I enter it in the SET (Science, Engineering and Technology) competition. The fact that she even thought it was worth entering is a huge compliment for me. However it’s a European wide competition and getting to the next round is a complete long-shot.
For my entry I had to write a 2000 word synopsis of my project and really sell it. I’m not sure I’ve ever given the details of what I did here on my blog, but to summarise I analysed multiple choice questions and compared differences in performance between the males and females. I liked that it was about education and psychology and not just Mathematics. However condensing 60 pages of work into 2000 words in a coherent way whilst including all the main points was a real challenge. I thought I’d be able to copy and paste huge chunks but I ended up re-writing a lot of it to make it flow better.
It took me HOURS. And it took even longer to convince myself to get my head down and actually do it. I’m getting too used to lazing around.
My supervisor also has to write a supporting reference explaining how fantastic I am and how dedicated I was to my project and what a fabulous ambassador I am for my subject. lol, just lol.
Over and Out!
I’d like to share some good news with you guys; I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Joe at Confessions of a Technophile and George from [insertnamehere], both of which are awesome blogs (check them out!). Thank you for nominating me *runs around in circles*. It made me feel very happy and warm inside!
Similar to the Liebster award there are a few steps to this:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Put the Versatile blogger badge on your blog.
- Spread the love and nominate 15 other people.
- Post 7 facts about yourself
Righty I’m going to start with the 7 facts. These really are random.
- I have had crushes on animated characters including Yu-Gi (the Pharoah not the kid) and Flynn Rider from Tangled. I think there’s something about the hair…
- When I was a toddler I point blank refused to drink my milk unless it was in a big bottle and filled right to the top. Quite a madam at even a young age…
- I would like to be buried with my glasses on.
- I dance in empty elevators every opportunity I get.
- One week in secondary school there were cameramen filming some shots for a promo video to be shown on open evenings. I was filmed cooking an omelette but when I flipped it I got nervous and it broke (and I looked horrifed). Yeah they put that shot in the video. I’d say several thousand parents have laughed at my cooking incompetency since.
- I absolutely despise red varnish. It makes me think of hookers.
- One of my uncles once lifted me from my forearms and I dislocated my elbow. My dad told me put some ice on it. We only went to the hospital 2 hours later.
And my nominees are:
Emmajeanss: Insightful, interesting posts with a health dose of humour. Deffo ones for the girls!
Khinjarsi: a fellow university go-er and Neopet-er! She talks about uni, diets, jobs, friends and life. Sounds versatile to me!
Mitten’s Kittens: a blog about writing, jobs, and books with lots of thought provoking articles in between!
The Thought Buffet: random, brutally honest and amusing!
BULLSHiT: posts from several people on an array of topics. Really fun read!
The scribbling train: the scribbles and thoughts of an English Lit student on things from books to make-up!
The Gratitudenist: an almost eclectic mix of posts but that’s what keeps this blog fresh!
We Can Always Dance Tomorrow: a blog about music, being a woman and life!
I’d also like to make a special mention to Omnia and Ibtehaal because they both have awesome blogs too but they seem to be on hiatus 😦
I know this isn’t 15 but I’d rather nominate blogs that I can actually really really like than add some that I don’t know very well. I’ll post on all of your about pages tomorrow.
For now I must sleep!
Over and Out!