I like to call the Liebster Award the ‘pass the parcel’ award which draws attention to ‘up and coming’ blogs. Once you’re nominated you need to reveal 11 facts abut yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, nominate another 11 blogs and then pose them 11 questions. Quite a few steps to this…
I’ve been lucky enough to be nominated by the lovely Omnia which is very meaningful to me because (I don’t think she knows this) she was my very first follower. It’s a lovely feeling to know someone is reading your words and better yet, liking what you say so thankiess 🙂
So without further ado…
11 random facts about myself
- I was born in Pakistan and came to England when I was 7 months old. I be a true freshie.
- I have two scars; one on my forearm from when I jumped over a fence to escape a dog and one on the back of my head from when I fell down the stairs.
- I am an only child but I have 2 half brothers and 1 half sister.
- In my free time, I an an avid Photoshopper. I like to use professional pictures to make collages and such. I might share a few of my creations one day.
- I am flat footed.
- Gilmore girls is my favourite TV series ever. I’ve seen every episode at least 2 times (thank you E4 repeats).
- Mathematics has been my strongest subject in school since as far back as I can remember.
- I have no idea how to apply liquid eyeliner correctly.
- I can sing Happy Birthday in a Gollum ‘my precioussss’ voice.
- I have a terrible habit of clicking my joints. This includes my fingers, wrists, neck and back.
- 3 years ago, I won a travel scholorship to go to Egypt with my best friend. Yay free holiday! It was the first time I travelled somewhere without my parents.
I think even my closest friends didn’t know every single one of those!
Answering 11 Questions
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?
In the mirror. I kid. I kid. Career wise I hope to be an associate actuarist working in Central London living…comfortably. Personal life wise, I hope I’m happily married and a good mummy!
What is your dream career?
My dream career would involve mathematics, computers and people. I’m going down the actuary route for now and if I’m right about what the job entails, it should involve all of that.
What does you dream home look like?
My dream home would be anywhere my family is but if you’re talking aesthetics…I’d love a home with a great view, a library, a balcony, a mini cinema and a jacuzzi.
What’s your favourite car?
My favourite car is actually the Mini Cooper. The Italian Job totally sold it to me. I like that it’s compact, appropriate for daily life and looks good. I want to get a green one with white stripes when I can afford one.
Do you play any sports?
I’m not very sporty at all but I enjoy playing badminton, rounders and dodgeball! I’m not good at any of them. I just think they’re fun!
Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
This is going to sound horribly cliche but I have to choose my mother. She is the bravest, cutest, squishiest, most dependable person I know. She is my moral compass and my walking, breathing diary. She keeps me moving forward and she makes me a better person. I love her to bits.
Who is you favourite band/singer etc?
I listen to all sorts of music and have a lot of love for everyone from Lana del Ray to Rihanna to Paramore but my favourite artist has to be Beyonce. I love that she stands up for women and she is such a brilliant performer. I can rely on Beyonce to cheer me up when I’m down and to get me on the dancefloor when I want to party. Oh and she’s sexy as hell!
What subject interests you the most?
Mathematics. In particular I like group theory and statistics. I love that there’s lots of ways to approach the same problem and still get to the same solution. I love that it’s based on logic and reasoning. And even though I complain about it, I love that it teaches me to think.
Do you like to travel? If so, state where’s the best place you’ve been and why.
I wouldn’t say it’s my favourite place but I had the best time in Egypt with JK for my travel scholarship. We had days where we just walked around Cairo taking it all in, days where we focussed on learning about Egypt’s immense history and days we spent on a felucca cut off from the world just floating down the Nile. Wonderful, wonderful experience. I hope to travel some more after my degree.
Do you have lots of casual friends or few very close friends?
I have always had a small circle of very close friends. I like having a select bunch of people that I can depend upon and similarly it allows me to really get to know them.
If you’d go back in time and change something, or do something, what would it be?
I’d really like to go back in time and meet both of my grandmothers. Both of them passed away before I was born. I have heard such wonderful things about them from my parents. I would have loved to have known them.
What is your favourite food?
My mum’s aloo gosht (lamb and potato curry) is to die for! In terms of dessert, I’m a huge fan of Pizza Hut’s chocolate hot cookie dough. Om nom nom nom.
My favourite kinds of blogs to read are about university, London and daily life… maybe because I can really empathise with them. Here are my picks:
Aimee at dollyandronny
Emma at emmajeanss
Becca at rebbeccaalice14
Khinjarsi at lecturesanddietsohmy
Kirsty at Oh wow, my blog is on fire
Pallak at The be-all and end-all
Yibi at Ibbeijinger
The secret awkward life
I’m not really sure what the protocol is to alert you guys that I’ve nominated you. I guess you’ll have to read this post and find out yourself or I could you know… drop a message or something.
My questions for those nominated
- If you could learn to do something new, what would it be?
- What is your favourite dance move?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
- Who is your favourite author?
- Which place would you like to visit that you have not done so already?
- Who is your closest friend?
- If you could change one aspect of your personality, what would it be?
- How many hours of sleep do you get on average?
- What’s worse: too hot or too cold?
- What is your favourite game?
Over and Out Y’all!