I think this hiatus has lasted long enough.
I’m pretty confident I’ve lost my audience but I feel it’s time to make a comeback. I’ve actually been thinking about this for a very long time; I’ve written a dozen posts only to hesitate and wait till the next day and then dismiss it as rubbish or too “personal”.
It reminds me of the way I used to be at the start of my blogging experience. The only way I got over it was to write everyday… so that’s what I’m going to do now.
This post is my 30 day pledge to write at least one post a day- no matter how crap or short.
I can’t promise they’ll be good (in fact I can guarantee that the earlier ones will be shit because I’m so rusty) but I can promise that I’ll be honest and will most likely sound like an emotionally disjointed person.
It’s been a whole year since my first post- half of me feels like the time has gone by so fast and the other half feels like I’ve always had a blog. What did I do with all my thoughts before ThreeMagical?!
I am very proud of this blog. I think it’s okay to admit that. This is my first ever blog and it’s still going (even if post frequency has been wavering). Some of the stuff I’ve written makes me cringe, a lot of makes me laugh (not sure it’s cool to admit I laugh at my own jokes) but none of it I regret. It was exactly how I felt at the time.
No-one viewed my blog for at least a month because I am an idiot and didn’t tag any of my posts and I didn’t tell any of my friends. What I did do however was write everyday and it was great because it helped me get used to my writing style and be brave enough to hit that ‘Publish’ button. The positive feedback I’ve received since then from my friends and all of y’all on the interwebz has been so motivating. Thank you.
With the end of 2013 fast approaching, I would also like to bid you lovely readers a Happy New Year.
May 2014 be a bright year for us all.
Over and Out!
I’d like to share some good news with you guys; I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award by Joe at Confessions of a Technophile and George from [insertnamehere], both of which are awesome blogs (check them out!). Thank you for nominating me *runs around in circles*. It made me feel very happy and warm inside!
Similar to the Liebster award there are a few steps to this:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Put the Versatile blogger badge on your blog.
- Spread the love and nominate 15 other people.
- Post 7 facts about yourself
Righty I’m going to start with the 7 facts. These really are random.
- I have had crushes on animated characters including Yu-Gi (the Pharoah not the kid) and Flynn Rider from Tangled. I think there’s something about the hair…
- When I was a toddler I point blank refused to drink my milk unless it was in a big bottle and filled right to the top. Quite a madam at even a young age…
- I would like to be buried with my glasses on.
- I dance in empty elevators every opportunity I get.
- One week in secondary school there were cameramen filming some shots for a promo video to be shown on open evenings. I was filmed cooking an omelette but when I flipped it I got nervous and it broke (and I looked horrifed). Yeah they put that shot in the video. I’d say several thousand parents have laughed at my cooking incompetency since.
- I absolutely despise red varnish. It makes me think of hookers.
- One of my uncles once lifted me from my forearms and I dislocated my elbow. My dad told me put some ice on it. We only went to the hospital 2 hours later.
And my nominees are:
Emmajeanss: Insightful, interesting posts with a health dose of humour. Deffo ones for the girls!
Khinjarsi: a fellow university go-er and Neopet-er! She talks about uni, diets, jobs, friends and life. Sounds versatile to me!
Mitten’s Kittens: a blog about writing, jobs, and books with lots of thought provoking articles in between!
The Thought Buffet: random, brutally honest and amusing!
BULLSHiT: posts from several people on an array of topics. Really fun read!
The scribbling train: the scribbles and thoughts of an English Lit student on things from books to make-up!
The Gratitudenist: an almost eclectic mix of posts but that’s what keeps this blog fresh!
We Can Always Dance Tomorrow: a blog about music, being a woman and life!
I’d also like to make a special mention to Omnia and Ibtehaal because they both have awesome blogs too but they seem to be on hiatus 😦
I know this isn’t 15 but I’d rather nominate blogs that I can actually really really like than add some that I don’t know very well. I’ll post on all of your about pages tomorrow.
For now I must sleep!
Over and Out!
This pet project of mine has done pretty good I think. I like the size of my blog right now; not so obscure that no-one is reading it but not so big that it’s not personal. I am staggered that I’ve reached 75 countries.
There were a few moments when I wasn’t sure I’d reach this milestone because I was running out of ideas or because my life had been reduced to stressing about exams… but I’m glad I stuck with it.
In my about page I wrote some stuff about how I wanted a creative outlet and something to look back upon. Whilst both of these are true, the real reason I started this blog when I did was because I needed a distraction. I needed something to throw my energy into so that I wasn’t thinking about all the stuff I didn’t want to be thinking about. I’m sure that’s been the case for many of you fellow bloggers. And you know what? It worked. This blog filled a gap that I feared would turn into a black hole.
I no longer need a distraction but writing these ramblings have helped me so much that I can’t let it go. Looks like y’all stuck with me a while longer.
I will be mixing up a few things however.
- Right now my posts are numbered regardless of how much content is in them. I’m thinking of only numbering posts that are a bit longer which will allow me to share shorter ‘updates’ without them feeling like cheap posts. (Should I start from 1 again? Let me know.)
- Following on from my last point, I want to share more videos and short snippets.
- When I get Photoshop back on my laptop, I’m considering making a banner. We shall see.
Over and Out! Thank you for sticking with me you lovely people 🙂