1. Oh- I didn’t even know you were at university.
What did you think I was doing for the last four years?
2. Mathematics- Isn’t that a boy-subject? What can you do with Maths?
1) Maths isn’t gender specific. 2) Plenty.
3. You got a First?! *surprised* I thought you didn’t specify because you only passed and were embarrassed.
4. Yes it’s all very well you can do this Maths-shaths but how are your rotis?
5. Acha good, uni finished. When you getting married?
6. You know this degree paper means nothing till you find a good boy and settle down. Life isn’t complete without shaadi.
7. Did you meet anyone at uni? *suggestive look* You can tell me, I’m your Aunty.
8. Oh you’ve finished your degree. My daughter got married this year and she’s pregnant. She has a family.
Good to know.
9. Oh you have a job. Will you leave when you have children?
I haven’t even started my job yet. Gimme a chance.
10. Look at the girls these days. They all want to do the job-shob but can they run a home? No.
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I am sad to say there is no embellishment in this post. In fact most of them are quoted directly. Aren’t people sensitive?
Ahh the plight of a brown girl!
Over and Out!