I think this hiatus has lasted long enough.
I’m pretty confident I’ve lost my audience but I feel it’s time to make a comeback. I’ve actually been thinking about this for a very long time; I’ve written a dozen posts only to hesitate and wait till the next day and then dismiss it as rubbish or too “personal”.
It reminds me of the way I used to be at the start of my blogging experience. The only way I got over it was to write everyday… so that’s what I’m going to do now.
This post is my 30 day pledge to write at least one post a day- no matter how crap or short.
I can’t promise they’ll be good (in fact I can guarantee that the earlier ones will be shit because I’m so rusty) but I can promise that I’ll be honest and will most likely sound like an emotionally disjointed person.
Like every other student I promise myself year on year that I will do better, that I will work harder and be more organised. Every year I end up short of my expectations. Nonetheless today I make my annual student pledge to improve on last year (and trust me there’s a lot to improve on).
To really drill it home I’ve decided to publish my pledge here on my blog, immortalised on the internet so that I can look back in shame
when if I fail.
I Aliya, hereby promise the following:
- To read over lecture notes throughout the term rather than in a blind panic before exams
- To tackle problem sheets with the same perseverance I usually reserve for coursework
- To really think about problem sheet questions rather than jumping for the solutions
- To make good revision notes and not get bored of the module after the second chapter
- To not assume something won’t turn up in the exam… because it usually does (just to spite me!)
I really want to do well and leave university on a good note. Hopefully the fact that this is my final year might be the kick up the arse I need.
Over and Out!